Centrally located in downtown Winston-Salem, the 100,000-square-foot Benton Convention Center is undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation, which includes significant structural, design and technological upgrades to the interior and exterior of the building. The multi-phased "reinvention" project is led by internationally recognized architectural and design firm, tvsdesign, and began in March 2016. Completion - May 2017.
- Transformation of existing exhibit hall into multi-functional carpeted ballroom meeting space.
- Key design elements creating more open, flexible breakout meeting space.
- Significant structural, design and technology upgrades to the interior and exterior of the building.
- Incorporates architectural nods to Winston-Salem's historic arts, tobacco and textile roots.
- Front facade expanded to provide additional flexible pre-function space.
- Windows and skylights added to give the venue a contemporary, open and inviting aesthetic.
- The center is open and operational throughout all phases of the renovation.